On EDIC in Eastern Latgale
The municipality of Rezekne, in cooperation with the Central Library of Rezekne and the Preparatory Library of Preiles, acquired financing for the project “Europe Direct” Information Centre in Eastern Latgale 2018-2020. The main target groups of the Centre are children and young people (pupils and students), local government employees, rural entrepreneurs, NGOs, teachers and librarians.
The Europe Direct Information Centre offers:
- get answers to questions about THE EU;
- free information material on EU areas of activity;
- computers with Internet connection to search for information about THE EU;
- travel to schools with thematic presentations about EU;
- competitions and discussions on topical EU issues;
- seminars and training on EU themes;
- information on the possibilities of obtaining EU funds funding for projects.
At present seven such information centres exist in Latvia – Liepaja, Ventspils, Jelgava, Daugavpils, Rēzekne, Valmiera and Gulbene. Contact information for the centres.
“Europe Direct” is a 2005 European Commission's network of information centres operating in all Member States of the European Union (EU) to provide free information to all citizens on EU areas of activity and to invite everyone to participate in THE EU's ongoing processes and to take advantage of the opportunities offered BY eu membership. In turn, the European Commission, with the help of the Europe Direct Information Centres, has the opportunity to find out what THE EU knows and thinks in the regions.
Europe Direct Information Centre in Eastern Latgale
|“Europe Direct Information Centre in Eastern Latgale” network:
|We have an important point of view!
|Useful information on the European Union: