Holy Trinity Roman Catholic Church of Stolerova

A stone church was built in place of the old, burned-down wooden church, which was consecrated in 2000.
The wooden church with two towers was built in 1770 in the Baroque style only with the help of an axe, without the use of iron nails. The construction work was financed by the nobleman Sokolovsky. The high altar contained a wooden image of Christ, popularly called “Brainy Lord Jesus”, and miraculous powers were attributed to it. The side altars were also made of wood, richly decorated with carvings. On the walls, ceiling, and altars of the church there were paintings with scenes from the New and Old Testaments. On April 9, 1968, this church burned down. After the fire, only the brick bell tower remained intact, in which a small church was built. All the necessary preparations were made there and the necessary equipment was purchased.

In 1999, under the leadership of Reverend Julian Butan, a new stone church was built on the site of the burned-down church, slightly larger than the burned-down one.

The Rozenmuiža Chapel is located about 4 km from Stoļerova. It was closed from 1967 until November 2, 1995, when Dean P.Zeile consecrated the renovated Rozenmuiža Chapel of the Stoļerova Church, which once housed the painting of Our Lady of Częstochowa, which was transferred to the church (Svilāns, 1995).

Address Baznīcas iela 1, Stoļerova, Stoļerovas pagasts, Rēzeknes novads
Coordinates 56.4298746; 27.5567911
Phone +371 27128997, +371 64644192
Click to Listen highlighted Text!