The Roman Catholic Church of Saint-Holy Tree

THE Church of Pušas is located in the municipality of Rēzekne Pušas, at Rēzekne-Maltas-Dagda Road. The church was built in honour of the holy three-unit. The church was built by the Polish-born Manor (Jans) Antons (Antonijs) Šadurskis, on his own resources. It was sanctioned in 1778. Building is built after the construction of its time buildings, construction methods – the sleeping building is felled only with a axe.
The church is located in a beautiful mountainous, leaf tree. There is a fence around it: on the walls of the wall, the brick poles with the planks of the planks. The entrance gate from red bricks. A small tower above the church entrance. The roof of the church is from a galvanised tin, the basement of the wall, and the cellar beneath the church.

In the church garden, on the right side, there is a large bell tower in the 19 th century (approximately 10 m high) with two bells, one of 1743, the other from 1881, and a wooden superstructure and tin roof with a wall basket. The tower is an architectural monument of local significance.

There are three altar in the church. The main altar is dedicated to the holy three-unit (cockpit-rich altar with a painting from vidus,, which is an art monument of national significance), so the church's name is also Pušas the Catholic Church of the First Tree Unit. The current Church of the main altar was given by a representative of the Kāpostiņu family. Unfortunately, its author is unknown.

On the right side of the church is the altar of Saint Francisco de Geronimo. On the left side of the Pušas church is the Holy Lady's altar, located in the centre of Lurda's Lady. The two altar have been 18.century in the middle. The church contains ferone (19. century middle), Sv. The Trinity painting (18. century middle), monstrance (18.century middle), is an organ built by Latvian eagle masters J.Gremze. In 1949, a small bed building was built in the vicinity of Ādolfs Tarbunass Church, which is used as a congregation. (Cakuls, 1997)

Immediately after construction the church fee Jesuit ​in care, who created here Jesuit mission  This mission existed for the longest period: from 1743 to 1820.) At first, only one missionary was active, but two missionaries had stayed from 1750. When the Russian Ministry of War bought the property in Daugavpils, in 1811 all Jesuit moved to the parties, also the novelist and the college. From 1811 to 1819, the Dagda Jesuit mission was dependent on Pušas Jesuit colleges. In 1819, the Commission and the College moved to Izvalta. In 1820, the Jesuit was expelled from Pušas and consequently the existence of a mission point of Pušā also expired. The Jesuits who died were buried in the cellar under the Pušas church.

Address Puša, Pušas pagasts, Rēzeknes novads
Coordinates 56.2345534; 27.2290676
Phone +371 64646045, +371 26578624
Click to Listen highlighted Text!